Distributions in Japan.
This page English translation of Linux.or.jp's distribution information.
- Kondara MNU/Linux
- Kondara MNU/Linux is RPM based Linux distribution.
Basic installation enables both Japanese and English environments.
- LASER5 Linux
- LASER5 Linux 6.0 is a comercial distributor from Laser 5 Co., Ltd.
Much of the installer and desktop environments have been Japanised and
the latest kernel and software are ready to use.
It comes with a lot of printed manuals and is benign to the newbies. They have an online support for installation.
- Linux Mandrake
- is based on RedHat 6.x. Its default desktop environment is KDE and its software are optimised for Pentium CPUs.
- Linux MLD
- Linux MLD is a commercial distro from MediaLab,
using Windows95. Its installation is unique:
installs from Window95, using its device information and repartitioning the FAT16 or 32 partition.
- CD bootable Linux fromMediaLab for experiment use.
- Miracle Linux
- is designed for business use with Linux's reliability, stability and scalability, and
with a good support as a corporate server.
It is desinged to work with Oracle for database menagement and is ready for business application.
Internet 時代のプラットフォームとして開発された Miracle Linux は,
- HOLON Linux
- is from HOLON as a succeed to Linux2000G.
- Caldera International, Inc. (Nasdaq: CALD) is under "Unifying UNIX with Linux
for Business" philosophy and advocates "Develop-on, Deploy-on, Manage."
- Red Hat Linux
- Red Hat Linux is from RedHat Co., Ltd.
and is designed for office use with good security support.
- is a popular package in Europe. They are famous for good knowledge in opensource society,
providing the drivers to XFree86.
They are RPM-based and have recently released the first Japanese version.
- Turbolinux Japanese Edition is a commercial distribution from Turbolinux Japan
with Japanese installer and desktop environment.
It comes with the latest kernel and software as well as manuals and is easy for newbies.
They also supply online installation support.
- Vine Linux
- Vine Linux is a distribution to supply Japanese environment. The basic installation
installs enables Japanese environment.
- Plamo Linux
- Plamo Linux is based on Slackware,
with Japanese installer and document database. They have the Namazu-backed search facility of
- Slackware is a classic distribution.
They also have
Mail Magazine of Package Updates
- Debian GNU/Linux
- Debian (でびあん)
GNU/Linux offers very open development environment
and is very competent with commercial distributors. They define free software as
Debian Free Software Guideline (DFSG )
and is well known for the inspection of software licenses.
- Omoikane GNU/Linux is from
- Omoikane and compatible with