From TLUG Wiki
- [ http://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/hourei/data2.html Cabinet Secretariat translations ]
- [ http://www.ehs.or.jp/en/index_en.html EHS translations ]
- [ http://homepage2.nifty.com/paper/lawcollection.htm ]
Constitution of Japan
- [ http://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/constitution_and_government_of_japan/constitution_e.html translation of Japanese Constitution ]
- [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Japan Wikipedia reference ]
edward: I can't vouch for any of the referenced sources.
- [ http://www.nichibenren.or.jp/en/legal/counceling.html ]
- [ http://www.consular.australia.or.jp/lawyerstokyo.html ]
Arrest In Japan
Article 34. No person shall be arrested or detained without being at once informed of the charges against him or without the immediate privilege of counsel; nor shall he be detained without adequate cause; and upon demand of any person such cause must be immediately shown in open court in his presence and the presence of his counsel.
Translation of the Constitution of Japan
- [ http://www.nichibenren.or.jp/en/legal/arrest_01.html JFBA advice ]
- [ http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0610/msg00108.html US and British embassy advice ]
- [ http://www.nichibenren.or.jp/en/legal/arrest_contact_list.html duty Attorney contact numbers ]
Nothing on this page constitutes legal advice. If you require legal advice seek a qualified lawyer.