From TLUG Wiki
All Linux lovers, and supporters of open source code and free software, in the Kanto area (or anywhere else) are invited to attend the next Tokyo Linux Users Group meeting. Membership is open to anyone. There are currently no membership dues or entrance fees.
TLUG meetings are traditionally small and unstructured (VERY CASUAL). Most of the benefit of the meeting comes from chatting with other Linux users and having informal discussions.
As a general rule, the Technical Meetings are held on the 2nd Saturday of odd-numbered months and the Nomikai Meetings are usually held on the 2nd Friday of even-numbered months. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule, so it is best to keep an eye on the mailing list, or check back here for date/venue changes as the date approaches.
November 12, 2016 (Saturday)
IIJ (Internet Initiative Japan)
Iidabashi Grand Bloom
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0071
- check-in at the reception in the office entrance lobby in the 2F
- pick-up the access card and take the elevator to the floor indicated
- use the card reader to unlock the seminar room door
An Introduction to CoreOS (by Edward Middleton)
The presentation will cover the basic features and architecture of CoreOS then go into the setup of a simple CoreOS cluster. There will be a brief introduction to the CoreOS sdk and a look at options for extending the base OS.
Audio production on Linux (by Andreas Kieckens)
For about six months now, Andreas has been self-studying the craft of audio production on Linux. During this presentation he will talk about some of the things he's learned so far.
This will cover:
- The Linux audio stack. (Alsa, PulseAudio, Jack)
- Programming drums and other instruments with MIDI sequencers. (Hydrogen, LinuxSampler, TuxGuitar)
- Recording and mixing electric guitar. (USB audio interfaces, Ardour4)
Other items on the agenda
- Introduction of new members
- News about Linux/Open Source, general announcements, Q&A
- Auction (bring any gear that would would like to donate to TLUG)
For directions or information before the meeting, call:
- Edward Middleton : 090-3689-0292